- Structured programming is a technique for organizing and coding computer programs in which a hierarchy of modules is used ,each
having single entry and single exit point.
- Structured Programming may have three types of control structures –
Characteristics for Structured Programming
- Every program should specify input and output variables.
- The flow of the program should be top-down approach.
- Every program and function must have a comment at the beginning.
- Divide the big programs in to subprograms (functions or procedures).
- Documentation should be short as far as possible.
Advantages of Structured Programming
- Easy to write.
- Easy to debug.
- Easy to understand.
- Easy to change.
- The modular approach to programming involves breaking a program down into sub-components called modules.
- Each module is composed of some set of instructions.
Advantages of modular programming
- Easy to write
- Easy to debug
- The types of approaches
- Top-down approach
- Bottom-up approach
4,405 total views, 9 views today