- It was created in the 1970s by DARPA, an agency of the United States Department of Defense.
- This model laid the foundation for ARPANET, which was the world’s first wide area network and a predecessor of the Internet.
- The TCP/IP Model is a specification for computer network protocols.
Layers of TCP/IP Model
- TCP/IP is typically divided into four layers (from bottom to top) –
- Network Interface Layer (Layer 1)
- Internet Layer (Layer 2)
- Transport Layer (Layer 3)
- Application Layer (Layer 4)
200 total views, 1 views today