- Proxy server is used in a computer network.
- Proxy server is a server which acts as an intermediary between the client application and the Web server.
- Proxy server is used to improve performance, security and for filtering purposes.
- In an organization, proxy server can be used to prevent its employee to access certain types of website.
- It provides security and check to the overall system.
- It can also improve the performance of the network.
- Suppose two users access the web through proxy server. If user X requests a webpage, say page 1.Sometime later, if user Y requests the same page then this request will not forwarded to the web server. Proxy server simply returns the same page which it has access for user X, thus saving lot of time.
1,176 total views, 1 views today